Sunday, May 9, 2010

here comes the sun

It is officially May and that means summer is right around the corner, its ambassador sun peeking through the fickle clouds.  And it is a tease - this week has been sunny and hot, then cool and very windy.  I'm a girl who likes consistency; I need some form of warmth and brightness that is here to stay.  


While I'm waiting for summer to permanently lodge its residence here in the city, I'm taking things into my own hands.  The bright and tart tang of fresh lemons can transport me to a sticky summer afternoon in an instant, and that is exactly what I need when the day's temperature is in the 50s.


These lemon poppyseed cakes are currently being offered as a take-home gift at Marea, and an at-home batch seems like the perfect cure to keep my impatience in check.

No comments:

Post a Comment